Cross Border Clients
We help Americans and Canadians who find themselves in the unique situation of having investment accounts on both sides of the border. Whether you are a Canadian resident moving to the US, an American living in Canada, or a US resident who expects to inherit Canadian dollars, we can help.
We are licensed and regulated in both Canada and the U.S., and work closely with clients to translate their personal needs into a strategy for their cross-border accounts. We can also advise clients on cross-border issues such as PFIC rules, IRA and 401(k) rollovers and we maintain professional networks to assist with planning, taxation and legal services.
A growing number of our clients have assets and families on both sides of the Canada/U.S. border, and we help them stay on top of the complexities and special requirements involved in cross-border finances.
- American Living in Canada
- American Citizen - Canadian Citizen/Resident 20+ Years Returns to U.S.
- Canadian Citizen/U.S. Resident Green Card Holder - plans to return to Canada for Retirement
- U.S. Resident Inheriting Canadian Dollars
- U.S. Citizen, Canadian Resident inheriting IRA